Text Messaging Statistics
Making Communication Fun.
By end of 2014, an estimated 10 trillion text messages will be sent and delivered globally.
The future of Text Messaging is bright. Very bright.
- 250+ million Americans carry mobile phones-over 80% of the nation's population
Source: CTIA Wireless Association
- Cell phones subscriptions top 5 billion globally 2011
Source: International Telecommunication Union
- The global mobile advertising market valued at over $16 billion 2011
Source: M:Metrics, Common Short Codes: Cracking the Text Messaging Code
- Four out of five teens carry a wireless device, and the majority (57%) view their cell phone as the key to their social life
Source: CTIA survey, Teenagers: A Generation Unplugged
HUGE MARKET POTENTIAL:
- Text messages are read by 94% of recipients.
- Average text message read within 4 minutes (compared to email - 48 hours).
- 72%+ of adults send/receive at least one text each day.
- Adults text an average of 10 times each day.
- 50% of SMS users are aged 35+.
- 95% of 18-29 year olds text message.
- Average teenage girl sends/receives 4,050 messages each month.
- Ages 12-45 will send 60% more SMS messages than voice calls.
- 255+ Million Mobile Phone users in the USA (roughly 85% of population).
- Four mobile phones are sold for every PC sold.
- Two times as many SMS users than email users.
Source: ITU Statistics (http://www.itu.int/ict/statistics)